There are things you do .. things you think you would do .. and things you just imagine .. The 28th of June was a day when imaginations went wild for two souls . This is their story .. of their madness .. and their encounters with crazy drivers .. This is about two souls on a TVS Apache (150 cc) covering the chennai-banglore-chennai road.
I dont blog much, actually I dont blog at all. but then there are somethings you just have to tell the world about. And here is a story worth tellling. The experience was easily the best adventurous ride I have ever had.
Of all the companies I could have for an adventure, I had Arun (say : Why me ??). So all those who thought I am the only crazy guy, here is another of the kind. Now, I am bound to introduce the inspiration behind the drive - Mr Hemant. He a biker who has covered the length and breadth of India on his Enfield.
I must say the ride was full of adventure, fun and excitement. The speed added spice to the ride. Riding on a highway in itself is a different ball game. You get to remember the old theories of aerodynamics. When you are cruising at a 100 km/hr speed, even a small breeze becomes a storm. You experience a lot of lateral movement. The road is so straight and isolated that even 80 feels like 40.
There are two routes to bangalore from chennai. We took one while going to banglore and the other one while returning.
Chennai to Bangalore - 28th June
We started early in the morning. The excitement was so high that waking up at 3:30 AM was no big deal. On 28th June, we started our journey at 4:30 A.M. There were a number of predictions on how many hours it would take. I thought 7-8 hours would a decent ride. When we reached banglore it was only 10 AM. The distnace of 360 km was covered in a mere 5.5 hours. Full marks for the road. The entire length was a 4 lane road. There were times the speedometer read 100 but for the slower part of the ride it read 90 km/hr. Yeah !!! Apache can do that.
The route was chennai->vellore->krishnagiri->hosur->banglore. The National Highways : NH4 -> NH46 -> NH 7. Two states - Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
The ride was easy until Bangalore where the roads started to deteriorate and the concentration seemed to be distracted; thanks to the hot chick in Bangalore ;) We took a couple of short breaks.
Bangalore to Chennai - 29th June
I was really tired with a long drive the day before and no sleep in the night made it even worse. the plan was to take the other route. The details on the web said the road is not as good with only two lanes and no median(a lot of traffic comes against you). Thanks to Arun for sticking to the plan of taking the route. Initially, though I was a bit irritated by the road, it turned out to a adventurous ride. As Arun would put it - this route had more जान। सही मैं रोड मैं जान तो थी। पर वो जान लेवा भी थी।
There was a lot of traffic coming against us. The big vehicles don't give a damn about a bike. This made our speed reduce. It was crazy riding for sometime.
Then after sometime, the greatest challenge hit us. It was getting dark. There were no street lights. When a big vehicle comes against you with a high beam, there is nothing you can see. This made the riding very difficult and slow.
No comments:
Post a Comment